When it comes to marketing, businesses are most concerned about reaching the right prospects. During the holiday season, it is important to pay attention to existing clients. It is the perfect time of year to express your gratitude to clients for choosing to do business with you.
The industry is full of businesses offering the same services you do, but something sets you apart from them. Your clients, knowing this, chose you and that deserves a thank you. Handwritten thank you cards are always appreciated, but personal delivery and small gifts make them more special. Some businesses give their clients pie, or even share a meal with their clients during the holiday season. Another creative idea is to make a donation to a local food bank in your client’s name.
Christmas cards are quite common during the month of December, but there are more interesting things you can do for your clients. Businesses often send sweets and calendars with their contact information as gifts.
Here are eight ways to thank your clients during the holiday season, according to Go Small Biz:
1. Send a handwritten thank you note.
2. Personally deliver the thank you note.
3. Include a gift with the note, and deliver them together.
4. Make a donation to a local food bank in your client’s name.
5. Send a Christmas card.
6. Send a small Christmas gift, like candy or other treats.
7. Send a calendar, and mark important dates for your client - like annual review dates - on it.
8. Use your network to provide a service for your client, and pick up the bill.
Remember that life is about helping people and building relationships. When you give, remember that it is about your clients. Try to match your gestures to their needs. Keep your focus on helping to solve client problems and making things easier for them.