Regardless of the type of business you own, mobile marketing should be an essential key. The amount of digital search ad dollars spent for mobile devices was a scant 2.1% in 2010. In just three years, that amount increased to 22.1%, and it is expected to surpass 59% in another three.
Follow these five simple tips to make sure that you reaping the most rewards possible from your mobile marketing.
1. Mobilize Your Website. It has been determined that 4 out of 5 shoppers use their smart phones as opposed to any other device. Meaning the amount of people viewing your website from a smaller screen exceeds the number of those viewing from a traditionally sized computer screen. Is your website mobile-friendly? Are visitors able to scroll your mobile web page with ease and minimal glitches? Take the steps necessary to incorporate responsive web design.
2. Mobilize Your Emails. Once your website is user-friendly for the mobile shoppers, ensure that the emails your business sends to existing and potential customers are able to be viewed from a smart phone. 48% of all emails are now opened from mobile devices. Don’t miss out on possible customers and experience extreme decreases in your email leads by remaining in the 89% of email marketers who are not mobile responsive.
3. Include CTAs. Call-to-action buttons are one of the most effectual marketing strategies to suppliers. Since 61% of mobile users call the businesses right after performing their searches from the mobile devices, you need to make sure that your CTA buttons are smart phone accessible. Most consumers who choose to give your business a try will want to get in touch with you right then and there. The “call now” button should be large enough for a person’s thumb to tap it with ease – around 44 to 57 pixels to be exact.
4. Take Advantage of AdWords. Through your Google AdWords Call Extensions, you are granted the option to include your business’ phone number in AdWords ads. Not only will the increased phone calls count toward your conversion rates, but they are also expected to increase your click-through rates by 6 to 8%.
5. Remain Accessible to Desktops. Though the majority of the population uses their mobile devices for everything in order to constantly stay connected, your website still needs to be able to be accessed from a standard desktop. In 2012, 60% of adults used at least two devices on a daily basis, and 90% of people jumped from device to device in order to complete one task. To be safe, ensure your website is readily available to customers from anywhere and from any device.